TUM MSc Mathematics in Sci. and Eng. student looking for part-time opportunity

Greetings,
I am a MSc Mathematics in Science and Engineering student at the Technical University of Munich. I am absolutely in love with mechanics, and optimization; especially when related to the automotive industry.
I have been using Sci-Comp languages since high school( my first take at it was in OpenModelica ~2016), and Julia since the spring of 2023. I have gained a solid mathematical foundation through my BSc in Maths, which helps me easily adapt to new topics.
I am seeking a part-time opportunity, and can confidently commit at least 8 working hours weekly, online ( or in-person in Munich). Despite my main passion being automotive-related, I wouldn’t be against trying anything new.
Thank you for your consideration.
Best Regards, maxesit.

Please find my CV here: CV-MarkoPolic-v4.pdf - Google Drive
Contact me:
mpolic2000@gmail.com
or on Discord:
maxesit

4 Likes

Hi @Maxesit and welcome to the community!

Maybe the Julia Summer of Code program could be something interesting for you. Since you are studying MSE and have prior experience in SciComp maybe you are interested in finite element methods. In that case I want to draw your attention to the Julia package Ferrite.jl, which is a finite element toolbox, and also part of this years Summer of Code. We have two explicit suggestions described here Ferrite.jl - Finite Element Toolbox - Summer of Code . If you are interested in a different project related to finite elements (e.g. specialized solvers, specific element formulations, visualization techniques, …), then we can also try to make a project out of it, if it is not supported yet in the Ferrite ecosystem.

Best regards,
Dennis

2 Likes