TensorFlow.jl how to use visualize?

I watched the juliacon video on TensorFlow.jl and found it quite cool. So I tried to reproduce the examples.
In the video the visualize function is used… If I try to do the same thing on my machine I get an error however:

could not spawn `tensorboard --logdir=/tmp/tmpdXvsXU --port=6006`: no such file or directory (ENOENT)

Stacktrace:
 [1] _jl_spawn(::String, ::Array{String,1}, ::Ptr{Void}, ::Base.Process, ::Base.DevNullStream, ::Base.PipeEndpoint, ::Ptr{Void}) at ./process.jl:360
 [2] #373 at ./process.jl:512 [inlined]
 [3] setup_stdio(::Base.##373#374{Cmd}, ::Tuple{Base.DevNullStream,Pipe,Base.PipeEndpoint}) at ./process.jl:499
 [4] #spawn#372(::Nullable{Base.ProcessChain}, ::Function, ::Cmd, ::Tuple{Base.DevNullStream,Pipe,Base.PipeEndpoint}) at ./process.jl:511
 [5] spawn(::Cmd, ::Tuple{Base.DevNullStream,Pipe,Base.PipeEndpoint}) at ./process.jl:506
 [6] open(::Cmd, ::String, ::Base.DevNullStream) at ./process.jl:578
 [7] get_tensorboard(::Void) at /home/jan/.julia/v0.6/TensorFlow/src/show.jl:148
 [8] visualize(::TensorFlow.Graph) at /home/jan/.julia/v0.6/TensorFlow/src/show.jl:179
 [9] visualize() at /home/jan/.julia/v0.6/TensorFlow/src/core.jl:250

Is this expected? To install TensorFlow I simply did

Pkg.add("TensorFlow")
Pkg.checkout("TensorFlow")
Pkg.build("TensorFlow")

Do I have to install tensorboard manually or something?

Hey, thanks for checking out TensorFlow.jl! I really appreciate it.

Can you file an issue on https://github.com/malmaud/TensorFlow.jl? The issue is that you do have tensorboard, but it’s not in the system path. I’ll revise TensorFlow.jl to take that possibility into account.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer!

Can you suggest some workaround until this is fixed?

In case other people face the same problem, the following hack works for me:

path = joinpath(Pkg.dir("Conda"), "deps", "usr", "bin")
if !contains(ENV["PATH"], path)
    ENV["PATH"] = string(ENV["PATH"], ":", path)
end
1 Like