Talk@PyData: Introduction to Julia by a Quant: Decentralized Programming for True Decentralized Systems

Hey guys, I will give a talk at PyData Dubai DIFC Fintech Hive tomorrow Wednesday 7pm GST.

The title is “Introduction to Julia by a Quant: Decentralized Programming for True Decentralized Systems”.

I will talk about Maths, Computer Science, Supercomputing, Finance, Quantitative Trading, and Blockchain — all connected by the Julia programming language.

My short bio:
Martin Y. Xie holds PhD degree in Computer Science from Oxford University, doing research on interdisciplinary area between Computer Science and Economics. Martin worked as a quant in top quantitative hedge funds in UK for about 3 years. Since then, he has been an entrepreneur in China and UAE, focusing on fintech, e-commerce and blockchain.

Please feel free to join the talk if you are around, and contact me if you are interested :grin::handshake:

Here is the meetup link:

10 Likes

My Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martin-y-xie-81203918

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested. Cheers.

Below are some of the slides of my talk yesterday. Also, I have created a new “Julia: Decentralized Programming” group on WhatsApp, to discuss related topics and possibly collaborate on some decentralized project using Julia. If anyone is interested to join, please feel free to contact me with your WhatsApp number.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes