Subplot not working in the 1.0 version

Hi All,

I just installed the Julia 1.1 version. However I am not able to display some plot. Here is the sequence that I did::

using PyPlot
subplot(133)

Then it showed me a long list of error message::

2019-05-11 15:10:35.243 julia[1506:86027] -[NSApplication _setup:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7f98d8e94c60

2019-05-11 15:10:35.244 julia[1506:86027] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInvalidArgumentException’, reason: ‘-[NSApplication _setup:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7f98d8e94c60’

*** First throw call stack:

(

)

libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

signal (6): Abort trap: 6

in expression starting at no file:0

__pthread_kill at /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib (unknown line)

Allocations: 12436971 (Pool: 12435160; Big: 1811); GC: 27

[Process completed]

I am not exactly sure what the problem is. Anyone can help on this??

Cheers,
Youfang

Your code worked for me. Does it work in directly in Python on your computer?

>>> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
>>> plt.subplots(1,3)
>>> plt.show()

It’s possible Matplotlib isn’t properly installed on your system. I have had problems with it in the past although I haven’t done a fresh Linux install in a very long time. If it’s not properly installed you can easily install it in whichever version of python you’re using by following the instructions on the Matplotlib website.

Btw, it’s a bit easier to read if you put code and REPL output in a code block as I did above.

See here for an explanation and possible solution:

I think you are pointing me to the right track. I got everything works temporally and would need to confirm with StevenJ. Thanks.

Thanks. I think It is more related to setting the correct backend for plotting. I think I got it temporally fixed. But thanks for suggestions