Status of Julia database libraries

Explaining expectations (as for example @essenciary or @NaOH did) could help for example to strengthen group around https://github.com/JuliaDatabases/DBAPI.jl/issues/17 .

If not core but somebody else have to do work in this area it is good to see that people need it and will use it. (nobody wants to make useless packages).

I see your post as overreaction. As something which brings negativity here.

If you are talking about what we getting for free you need to count also people who wants to teach children Julia. Because more young coders means better language! :wink:

And I understand that these people who want to teach are preparing their teaching plans and had some expectation (based on words from Julia core!) when 1.0 will be out. Being late one year could be unpleasant for them. I think it is good to respect both work here! Not only core is creating good ecosystem.

I was thinking if something like “reference” implementation of DBAPI could help to push thing forward. If DBAPI is borrowed from python there could be probably possibility to get plenty of DB api-s “for free”!

If we would have designed this api (*) we probably could create some abstract pycall layer usable for any python’s DBAPI compatible solution.

It could be slow but probably useful for some scenarios.

(*) - @ExpandingMan what is the progress?If there are some new problems how could we help? (Last time it looks like few hours of work for you:wink: )