Startup.jl file - Windows 10 JuliaPro

Hello,
Apologies, I appreciate this is a really basic question. Not a great start as I’m new to Julia.

I’m struggling to find where my startup.jl file should be. I’ve installed Julia pro for a complete IDE and am on Windows 10. I’ve tried placing it under c:\users\USERNAME.julia\config\startup.jl. I’ve also tried under the .juliapro directory, neither had any impact.

I have now edited, C:\JuliaPro-1.0.2.1\Julia-1.0.2\etc\julia\startup file, which does appear to work, but get the feeling this isn’t the right place (it does say Juliapro will overwrite it on each launch).

I basically just want OhMyRepl and Revise to be included each time i launch Julia.

Thanks in advance.

My startup.jl is in C:\Users\USERNAME\.julia\config\startup.jl (although this is not Pro, just a standard installation).

1 Like

I have the same desire. The startup.jl file I found seems pessimistic, especially the first line:

# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, ALL THE CONTENTS OF THIS FILE WILL BE DELETED ON EVERY LAUNCH OF JULIAPRO

popfirst!(DEPOT_PATH)
ENV["JULIA_PKG_SERVER"] = "https://pkg.juliacomputing.com/"
ENV["DISABLE_FALLBACK"] = "true"
ENV["JULIA_PKG_TOKEN_PATH"] = joinpath(homedir(),".juliapro","token.toml")
using Pkg
pushfirst!(DEPOT_PATH,joinpath(homedir(),".juliapro","JuliaPro_v1.2.0-1"))

I have the same issue, though I’m on linux. JuliaPro seems to ignore ~/.julia/config/startup.jl

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Julia-1.x.x\etc\julia
Non Pro

I’ve just been trying to do the same thing, and found that, if you manually add a ‘config’ directory to C:\Users\Username\.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.4.2-1, and then add a startup.jl file to it, Juliapro does find it and execute it. I think the confusing thing is that the directory doesn’t seem to be created automatically after installing Juliapro.

1 Like

Thanks for this, even though you posted this sometime ago, it helped solve the same issue :slight_smile: