Reviewers needed for a book on Julia programming

Hi All,

It gives me immense pleasure to share that I have finished writing a book titled Hands-On Julia Programming. The book is for professional programmers who will like to understand Julia and use it for their production-ready applications. While the initial chapters are on the basics of Julia, the later chapters talk about deployment and DevOps tools and a few of the packages relevant to data scientists. The book is about 450 pages. BpB Publishers, New Delhi, India, are publishing the printed and online versions of the book. However, it is becoming hard for them to find a knowledgeable Julia reviewer who can independently review the content and provide her/his invaluable feedback to improve the text.

If you are interested in reviewing the complete book or parts of it, please send me a message directly, and I shall connect you to the publishers. Thank you.

Regards,

Sambit

19 Likes

Congrats!!! Can’t wait to see it go live.

2 Likes

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your likes and encouragements. Still curious if some of you may come forward to review the book. You do not have to read the complete text. You can consider reviewing only a few chapters. I understand, it is a lot of work; yet it will help in a book that the readers can look at and get an understanding of a production-ready ecosystem.

If interested please send me a direct message and I shall share your details with the publishers.

Thank you for your help and support.

Regards,

Sambit

4 Likes

Hi All,

Thanks a lot to all of you who reached out to me.

1. I realize it may help me sharing the ToC here.
  2. If you wish to review the book, please share with me your email address and if already available a short bio link (LinkedIn or anywhere else you have). I will need to share them with the BPB publications (https://bpbonline.com/), the publisher, to be able to reach out to you directly.

regards,

Sambit

ToC of Hands-on Julia Programming

The Julia Language

1. Getting started
2. Data Types
3 Conditions, Control Flow and Iterations
4 Functions and Methods
5 Collections
6 Arrays
7 Strings
8 Metaprogramming
9 Standard Library

Development Environment

10 Programming Guidelines in Julia
11 PerformanceManagement
12 IDE and Debugging
13 Package Management
14 Deployment

Packages

15 Data Transformations
16 Text Analytics in Julia
17 Deep Learning in Julia

2 Likes

Update:

Thank you for your wishes. We had three reviewers from the community who did a thorough review of the text. Their suggestions and feedback have been very helpful in organizing and improving the content. I am working wholeheartedly to incorporate those into the book. While we originally planned to launch the book around JuliaCON, it may not be complete by that time. Your help and support have been encouraging. The work shall see the light of the day in a month or so.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sambit

7 Likes

The rubber hits the road… Thanks a lot to everyone who supported the cause.