Hi everyone,
Is anyone currently using ReTestItems.jl?
I think it is an amazing tool — the parallel test execution and test items workflow have been great for our test suites.
However, it currently fails on Julia 1.13 (and nightly) before running any tests due to changes in ScopedValues:
I’m not sure about ReTestItems status, but https://julia-testitems.org/ now has lots of similar runners as well.
A less fancy thing that I’ve used recently in a couple package is GitHub - JuliaTesting/ParallelTestRunner.jl: Parallel test runner · GitHub. It parallelizes only per file and your test unit is the file. But it avoids some of the pitfalls with the fancier macros, so if you don’t need the fancier/cooler features I recommend it
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the suggestions! Looks like we have some great alternatives here, and I’ll definitely try them out in a new app where I haven’t added parallel tests yet.
In the meantime, I wanted to give a shout-out to Drvi — the maintainer has just updated the package and the issue is fixed!