Registry failed to update


#1

Since a few days ago I’m getting a warning when I ]up:

(v1.0) pkg> up
  Updating registry at `~/.julia/registries/General`
  Updating git-repo `https://github.com/JuliaRegistries/General.git`
  Updating registry at `~/.julia/registries/JuliaPOMDP`
  Updating git-repo `https://github.com/JuliaPOMDP/Registry`
┌ Warning: Some registries failed to update:
│     — /Users/amrods/.julia/registries/General — failed to fetch from repo
└ @ Pkg.API /Users/osx/buildbot/slave/package_osx64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/API.jl:157
 Resolving package versions...
  Updating `~/.julia/environments/v1.0/Project.toml`
 [no changes]
  Updating `~/.julia/environments/v1.0/Manifest.toml`
 [no changes]

That is bothering me a little, how do I fix that warning? How do I remove those custom registries?


#2

Suffering from the same issue.
julia 1.0.2


#4

AFAIU It’s not a problem with the custom registries, but rather with the general one.
I think the following should work:

cd ~/.julia/registries/General
git stash
git pull
git stash drop

Then try ] up again in julia.


#5

I have the same problem with Julia 1.0.2 but I am on windows. How to run git … ?

Thanks for your help.


#6

Me too!


#7

Another (perhaps simpler) solution is to just delete the .julia/registries/General folder and it will be installed again automatically.


#8

Unfortunatly, this solution is not working for me (and few other after looking to the forum).

(v1.0) pkg> update
Resolving package versions…
ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package HTTPClient [0862f596]:
HTTPClient [0862f596] log:
├─HTTPClient [0862f596] has no known versions!
└─restricted to versions * by an explicit requirement — no versions left


#9

I have removed the folder .git located into the .julia/registries/General and the error message has gone but … no update (may be because no packages have been changed). To be confirmed.


#10

Well, if you remove .git it is just a regular folder, so obviously it can’t be updated.

Try removing .julia/registries/ completely.


#11

Removing completely the .julia/registries solve the problem.

Many thanks.