Project instantiatation never-ending loop

Hello,

Please somehow help me escape this never ending loop. I’m trying to instantiate a project on a cluster. It works perfectly fine on my local machine. Here’s what I find on an interactive repl session.

(DRL_MMULS) pkg> instantiate           
0 dependencies successfully precompiled in 0 seconds. 138 already precompiled. 3 skipped during auto due to previous errors.                   
1 dependency errored. To see a full report either run `import Pkg; Pkg.precompile()` or load the package 

Okay so let’s precompile then:

(DRL_MMULS) pkg> precompile                                                                                                                    Precompiling project...                                                                                                                          ✗ 
StatsModels                                                                                                                                  ✗ 
Distributions                                                                                                                                ✗ 
GLM                                                                                                                                          
0 dependencies successfully precompiled in 5 seconds. 138 already precompiled.                                                                                                                                                                                                              ERROR: The following 2 direct dependencies failed to precompile:                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Distributions [31c24e10-a181-5473-b8eb-7969acd0382f]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Failed to precompile Distributions [31c24e10-a181-5473-b8eb-7969acd0382f] to /home/ucl/core/hdehaybe/.julia/compiled/v1.8/Distributions/jl_3BbR4b.     
ERROR: LoadError: ArgumentError: 
Package StatsFuns [4c63d2b9-4356-54db-8cca-17b64c39e42c] is required but does not seem to be installed:        
- Run `Pkg.instantiate()` to install all recorded dependencies.   
[removing the stacktrace here because it's long and unreadable due to the lack of newlines]

Well I was sent here after running instantiate so it won’t work (that’s my never-ending loop of instantiate → precompile). So I tried to see what happens if I add the package that seems to cause the problem:

(DRL_MMULS) pkg> add StatsFuns           
Updating registry at `~/.julia/registries/General.toml`    
Resolving package versions...      
Updating `/auto/home/users/h/d/hdehaybe/DRL_MMULS/Project.toml`                                                                            ⌅ [4c63d2b9] 
+ StatsFuns v0.9.18                                                                                                                 
No Changes to `/auto/home/users/h/d/hdehaybe/DRL_MMULS/Manifest.toml`                                 
0 dependencies successfully precompiled in 1 seconds. 138 already precompiled. 3 skipped during auto due to previous errors.                   
1 dependency errored. To see a full report either run `import Pkg; Pkg.precompile()` or load the package                                                                                                                                                                                    

Which sends me back to precompile. What do I do now ? Precompile ?
There only a slight change due to StatsFuns now being in the project

StatsFuns [4c63d2b9-4356-54db-8cca-17b64c39e42c]                         
Error: Missing source file for StatsFuns [4c63d2b9-4356-54db-8cca-17b64c39e42c]
Distributions [31c24e10-a181-5473-b8eb-7969acd0382f]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
Failed to precompile Distributions [31c24e10-a181-5473-b8eb-7969acd0382f] to 
/home/ucl/core/hdehaybe/.julia/compiled/v1.8/Distributions/jl_zRwvsw.                                                                                                                                            
ERROR: LoadError: ArgumentError: Package StatsFuns [4c63d2b9-4356-54db-8cca-17b64c39e42c] 
is required but does not seem to be installed:        - Run `Pkg.instantiate()` to install all recorded 
dependencies.

What can I do to get this running ?

It seems to have gone away by removing all packages then adding them back.