`@profview` blank in VSCode when profiling Flux

I’ve been experiencing a blank window when using @profview while profiling a Flux model.

The editor shows the blue/red bars for time spent in each line properly. But I can’t even save the profile to HTML - I select a save location and click OK, but no file is created and no error is surfaced.

Has anyone encountered this, or know how I can collect more details to file an issue?

Unlike previous mentions of the issue here, it doesn’t show up on second run. And if I do a run that does produce a rendered flamegraph, when I try flipping back to the profile that was blank, the previous flamegraph that did render persists.

1 Like

I have experienced an empty @profview as well in some different contexts. I’ve never figure out the cause because I go back some days later or have changed my code then it works. I’d like to know what’s going on as well.

What happens for you when you profile from a standalone REPL instead?

1 Like

Regular Profile.@profile works just fine for me in these cases. I presume it’s something in the rendering path?

Maybe try using ProfileCanvas.jl from the REPL and see if the issue persists.

Okay after making sure the buffer doesn’t fill up, it does work from ProfileCanvas in the terminal. That never worked in VSCode.

1 Like