Problem building LLVM in master today

I tried to rebuild Julia this evening, from the very latest master, and ran into the following problem:

[ 71%] Building CXX object lib/ExecutionEngine/Orc/CMakeFiles/LLVMOrcJIT.dir/OrcRemoteTargetRPCAPI.cpp.o
In file included from /j/julia/deps/srccache/llvm-3.9.1/lib/ExecutionEngine/Orc/OrcRemoteTargetRPCAPI.cpp:10:
In file included from /j/julia/deps/srccache/llvm-3.9.1/include/llvm/ExecutionEngine/Orc/OrcRemoteTargetRPCAPI.h:21:
In file included from /j/julia/deps/srccache/llvm-3.9.1/include/llvm/ExecutionEngine/Orc/RPCUtils.h:35:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/future:1447:23: error: ‘future_error’ is
unavailable: introduced in macOS 10.8
future_error(make_error_code(future_errc::broken_promise))
^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/future:502:63: note: ‘future_error’ has been
explicitly marked unavailable here
class _LIBCPP_EXCEPTION_ABI _LIBCPP_AVAILABILITY_FUTURE_ERROR future_error
^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/future:1621:23: error: ‘future_error’ is
unavailable: introduced in macOS 10.8
future_error(make_error_code(future_errc::broken_promise))
^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/future:502:63: note: ‘future_error’ has been
explicitly marked unavailable here
class _LIBCPP_EXCEPTION_ABI _LIBCPP_AVAILABILITY_FUTURE_ERROR future_error
^
2 errors generated.
make[4]: *** [lib/ExecutionEngine/Orc/CMakeFiles/LLVMOrcJIT.dir/OrcRemoteTargetRPCAPI.cpp.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [lib/ExecutionEngine/Orc/CMakeFiles/LLVMOrcJIT.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [scratch/llvm-3.9.1/build_Release/build-compiled] Error 2
make: *** [julia-deps] Error 2

Note: I am just trying to figure out where this problem is coming from, as my macOS just updated to 10.12.2 Beta tonight also, around the same time I pulled the latest version of master that now uses a different version of LLVM, so I really don’t know if the problem is coming from some change in Julia, or the change in my environment.

Thanks in advance for any light shed on this!

See #19762

1 Like

Thanks so much for the quick response! (I really wanted to try out some of the things that have been merged this afternoon, like Kristoffer’s improvements to the REPL :wink: )