PkgDev.submit: curl error

I am trying to use PkgDev.submit to submit a PR from Windows 7 (following the instructions at http://docs.julialang.org/en/latest/manual/packages.html#Making-changes-to-an-existing-package-1) and I get the following error:

julia> PkgDev.submit("SymPy")
INFO: Forking JuliaPy/SymPy.jl to mzaffalon
INFO: Creating a personal access token for Julia Package Manager on GitHub.
        You will be asked to provide credentials to your GitHub account.
Enter host password for user 'mzaffalon':
curl: (35) schannel: failed to retrieve ALPN result
ERROR: BoundsError: attempt to access 1-element Array{SubString{String},1} at index [2]
 in curl(::String, ::Cmd) at C:\Users\michele.zaffalon\.julia\v0.5\PkgDev\src\github.jl:31
 in curl(::String, ::Dict{Any,Any}, ::Cmd) at C:\Users\michele.zaffalon\.julia\v0.5\PkgDev\src\github.jl:44
 in token(::String) at C:\Users\michele.zaffalon\.julia\v0.5\PkgDev\src\github.jl:64
 in req(::String, ::Void, ::Cmd) at C:\Users\michele.zaffalon\.julia\v0.5\PkgDev\src\github.jl:92
 in fork(::SubString{String}, ::SubString{String}) at C:\Users\michele.zaffalon\.julia\v0.5\PkgDev\src\github.jl:122
 in (::PkgDev.Entry.##2#3)(::Base.LibGit2.GitRepo) at C:\Users\michele.zaffalon\.julia\v0.5\PkgDev\src\entry.jl:34
 in with(::PkgDev.Entry.##2#3, ::Base.LibGit2.GitRepo) at .\libgit2\types.jl:638
 in #pull_request#1(::String, ::String, ::String, ::Function, ::String) at C:\Users\michele.zaffalon\.julia\v0.5\PkgDev\src\entry.jl:15
 in (::PkgDev.Entry.#kw##pull_request)(::Array{Any,1}, ::PkgDev.Entry.#pull_request, ::String) at .\<missing>:0

in submit(::String, ::String) at C:\Users\michele.zaffalon\.julia\v0.5\PkgDev\src\entry.jl:48
 in (::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#3{Array{Any,1},PkgDev.Entry.#submit,Tuple{String}})() at .\pkg\dir.jl:31
 in cd(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#3{Array{Any,1},PkgDev.Entry.#submit,Tuple{String}}, ::String) at .\file.jl:48
 in #cd#1(::Array{Any,1}, ::Function, ::Function, ::String, ::Vararg{Any,N}) at .\pkg\dir.jl:31
 in submit(::String) at C:\Users\michele.zaffalon\.julia\v0.5\PkgDev\src\PkgDev.jl:54

This is what I used as a workaround (in the hope others with no git skills like myself may find it useful):

1. I forked the repo (SymPy.jl) in GitHub;
  2. at the command line, I push the changes of my local branch zaf\math to my remote repository: git push https://github.com/mzaffalon/SymPy.jl zaf/math
  3. I open a PR upstream.