Pkg.update()

When I try and update my package on my work computer using Pkg.update() in the julia terminal I get the error below. Note, I am using a work computer (windows) and have been using a proxy. Second I have plenty of memory on my computers C:\ drive:

INFO: Updating METADATA...
ERROR: METADATA cannot be updated. Resolve problems manually in C:\Users\l1mat02\AppData\Local\JuliaPro-0.6.2.2\pkgs-0.6.2.2\v0.6\METADATA.
GitError(Code:ERROR, Class:NoMemory, Out of memory)
macro expansion at .\libgit2\error.jl:99 [inlined]
#fetch#41(::Base.LibGit2.FetchOptions, ::String, ::Function, ::Base.LibGit2.GitRemote, ::Array{AbstractString,1}) at .\libgit2\remote.jl:226
(::Base.LibGit2.#kw##fetch)(::Array{Any,1}, ::Base.LibGit2.#fetch, ::Base.LibGit2.GitRemote, ::Array{AbstractString,1}) at .\<missing>:0
#fetch#84(::String, ::String, ::Array{AbstractString,1}, ::Nullable{Base.LibGit2.AbstractCredentials}, ::Function, ::Base.LibGit2.GitRepo) at .\libgit2\libgit2.jl:312
(::Base.Pkg.Entry.##33#39)(::Base.LibGit2.GitRepo) at .\pkg\entry.jl:371
with(::Base.Pkg.Entry.##33#39, ::Base.LibGit2.GitRepo) at .\libgit2\types.jl:608
update(::String, ::Set{String}) at .\pkg\entry.jl:354
(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##3#6{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}}})() at .\pkg\dir.jl:33
cd(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##3#6{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}}}, ::String) at .\file.jl:59
withenv(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#5{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}},String}, ::Pair{String,String}, ::Vararg{Pair{String,String},N} where N) at .\env.jl:157
#cd#1(::Array{Any,1}, ::Function, ::Function, ::String, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at .\pkg\dir.jl:32
update() at .\pkg\pkg.jl:228
eval(::Module, ::Any) at .\boot.jl:235
eval_user_input(::Any, ::Base.REPL.REPLBackend) at .\REPL.jl:66
macro expansion at .\REPL.jl:97 [inlined]
(::Base.REPL.##1#2{Base.REPL.REPLBackend})() at .\event.jl:73
Stacktrace:
 [1] (::Base.Pkg.Entry.##33#39)(::Base.LibGit2.GitRepo) at .\pkg\entry.jl:378
 [2] with(::Base.Pkg.Entry.##33#39, ::Base.LibGit2.GitRepo) at .\libgit2\types.jl:608
 [3] update(::String, ::Set{String}) at .\pkg\entry.jl:354
 [4] (::Base.Pkg.Dir.##3#6{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}}})() at .\pkg\dir.jl:33
 [5] cd(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##3#6{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}}}, ::String) at .\file.jl:59
 [6] withenv(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#5{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#update,Tuple{String,Set{String}},String}, ::Pair{String,String}, ::Vararg{Pair{String,String},N} where N) at .\env.jl:157
 [7] #cd#1(::Array{Any,1}, ::Function, ::Function, ::String, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at .\pkg\dir.jl:32
 [8] update() at .\pkg\pkg.jl:228

I’m not familiar with that exact set of error messages, but I’d bet the first one (conflicts in METADATA) is the most important… and the second error (out of space) might just be confused.

Using a terminal (or shell mode in Julia) navigate to C:\Users\l1mat02\AppData\Local\JuliaPro-0.6.2.2\pkgs-0.6.2.2\v0.6\METADATA and see what git status says. You probably can safely discard any changes you happened to accrue there and just reset that repository back to a clean slate.