pkg problem with Julia1.0.2


#1

I just installed Julia 1.0.2 binary distribution on Ubuntu64. When trying to install IJulia I get the error message below. I tried Example but got the same error. Same with using Pkg; Pkg.add(“IJulia”). The env variables http_proxy and https_proxy are set and working (I was able to clone Julia from github). I would be very appreciative for help on this problem.
Kind regards
Rolf

pkg> add IJulia
ERROR: no active project
Stacktrace:
[1] error(::String) at ./error.jl:33
[2] find_project_file(::Nothing) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/Types.jl:243
[3] Pkg.Types.EnvCache(::Nothing) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/Types.jl:285 (repeats 2 times)
[4] Type at ./none:0 [inlined]
[5] Context!(::Array{Pair{Symbol,Any},1}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/Types.jl:367
[6] Context! at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/REPLMode.jl:497 [inlined]
[7] do_add!(::Dict{Symbol,Any}, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}, ::Dict{Symbol,Any}) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/REPLMode.jl:633
[8] #invokelatest#1(::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Any, ::Any, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at ./essentials.jl:686
[9] invokelatest(::Any, ::Any, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at ./essentials.jl:685
[10] do_cmd!(::Pkg.REPLMode.PkgCommand, ::REPL.LineEditREPL) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/REPLMode.jl:542
[11] #do_cmd#30(::Bool, ::Function, ::REPL.LineEditREPL, ::String) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/REPLMode.jl:507
[12] do_cmd at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/REPLMode.jl:503 [inlined]
[13] (::getfield(Pkg.REPLMode, Symbol("##41#44")){REPL.LineEditREPL,REPL.LineEdit.Prompt})(::REPL.LineEdit.MIState, ::Base.GenericIOBuffer{Array{UInt8,1}}, ::Bool) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/Pkg/src/REPLMode.jl:842
[14] #invokelatest#1 at ./essentials.jl:686 [inlined]
[15] invokelatest at ./essentials.jl:685 [inlined]
[16] run_interface(::REPL.Terminals.TextTerminal, ::REPL.LineEdit.ModalInterface, ::REPL.LineEdit.MIState) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/REPL/src/LineEdit.jl:2261
[17] run_frontend(::REPL.LineEditREPL, ::REPL.REPLBackendRef) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/REPL/src/REPL.jl:1029
[18] run_repl(::REPL.AbstractREPL, ::Any) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.0/REPL/src/REPL.jl:191
[19] (::getfield(Base, Symbol("##720#722")){Bool,Bool,Bool,Bool})(::Module) at ./logging.jl:311
[20] #invokelatest#1 at ./essentials.jl:686 [inlined]
[21] invokelatest at ./essentials.jl:685 [inlined]
[22] macro expansion at ./logging.jl:308 [inlined]
[23] run_main_repl(::Bool, ::Bool, ::Bool, ::Bool, ::Bool) at ./client.jl:330
[24] exec_options(::Base.JLOptions) at ./client.jl:242
[25] _start() at ./client.jl:421


#2

Try to

$ mkdir ~/.julia/environments/v1.0
$ touch ~/.julia/environments/v1.0/Project.toml

#3

Thank you very much, it works now.