Pkg crashes

I’m new to Julia so please be patient with me.
I tried to install the SQLite package by running the Julia repl using Pkg add SQLite. Unfortunately the repl crashes:

Before I’m getting lots of errors: ‘unknown line …’, ‘unknown function …’ etc.
‘julia’ terminated by signal SIGSEGV.

I guess I’m doing something wrong. But what?
Please help

ehhh… you enter REPL, you hit ] and then type add SQLite then hit key, what happens?

1 Like

How did you install Julia?

1 Like

Running Arch Linux.
I installed Julia using pacman
The repl starts fine. Entering the repl
Then this:

Blockquote
(v1.3) pkg> add SQLite
Cloning default registries into ~/.julia
Cloning registry from “https://github.com/JuliaRegistries/General.git

signal (11)
in expression starting at none:0
unknown function (ip: 0x7fecebc8ce73)
http_parser_execute at /usr/bin/…/lib/libhttp_parser.so.2.9 (unknown line)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fecebc8e390)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fecebc90770)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fecebc92b58)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fecebc90f91)
git_remote_fetch at /usr/bin/…/lib/libgit2.so (unknown line)
git_clone at /usr/bin/…/lib/libgit2.so (unknown line)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065a597f)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065a6991)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065dae5e)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065db3b9)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065db53e)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065dbdda)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065ddb39)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065de9b1)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065e8164)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed066519e1)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed06651c1a)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed065cbaeb)
do_add! at /build/julia/src/julia-1.3.1/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.3/Pkg/src/REPLMode.jl:505
jl_f__apply at /usr/bin/…/lib/libjulia.so.1 (unknown line)
jl_f__apply_latest at /usr/bin/…/lib/libjulia.so.1 (unknown line)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed0656582b)
jl_f__apply at /usr/bin/…/lib/libjulia.so.1 (unknown line)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed066dd522)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed06683104)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed0668352d)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed066872e8)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed06687416)
jl_f__apply at /usr/bin/…/lib/libjulia.so.1 (unknown line)
jl_f__apply_latest at /usr/bin/…/lib/libjulia.so.1 (unknown line)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed06765ce1)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed06778d9e)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed06779cd1)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed0658bd9c)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed0658c358)
jl_f__apply at /usr/bin/…/lib/libjulia.so.1 (unknown line)
jl_f__apply_latest at /usr/bin/…/lib/libjulia.so.1 (unknown line)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed0649f717)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed064a5ff2)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed064a6512)
unknown function (ip: 0x7fed064a6655)
unknown function (ip: 0x5646eb52d4fe)
unknown function (ip: 0x5646eb52d0a7)
__libc_start_main at /usr/bin/…/lib/libc.so.6 (unknown line)
unknown function (ip: 0x5646eb52d15d)
Allocations: 944778 (Pool: 944512; Big: 266); GC: 1
fish: ‘julia’ terminated by signal SIGSEGV

yea don’t use pacman’s I’m on arch too just use the official binary

1 Like

Thanks, jling that works