PGFPlotsX dependency ArgCheck

It looks like the package ArgCheck.jl got deregistered, or whatever happens when the Package Manager doesn’t know about a package. So this breaks PGFPlotsX. I am using Julia 1.6.1.

But the github repository is here:

I was able to add the package using this URL, and now PGFPlotsX is working fine.

Regards,
Greg

I doubt the package was “deregistered”. Can you post what happens when you do ]add ArgCheck?

ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package ArgCheck [dce04be8]:

ArgCheck[dce04be8] has no known versions!

Sorry I couldn’t copy and paste, had to type in from another device.

Greg

If you want this to be debugged, it would be good to setup copy paste. What does ]registry status give you? Are you able to install other packages? Can you provide the full error message when trying to install ArgCheck? What does versioninfo() give you?

Here I finally got logged in properly. The Package Manager result is below.
I forgot to mention this is seen on Windows 10.
Perhaps a Windows thing only? I tried the same on an Ubuntu machine and it is fine.

@v1.6) pkg> add ArgCheck
Resolving package versions…
ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package ArgCheck [dce04be8]:
ArgCheck [dce04be8] log:
├─ArgCheck [dce04be8] has no known versions!
└─restricted to versions * by an explicit requirement — no versions left

(@v1.6) pkg> registry status
Registry Status
[23338594] General (https://github.com/JuliaRegistries/General.git)

Yes, I have successfully installed other packages.

julia> versioninfo()
Julia Version 1.6.1
Commit 6aaedecc44 (2021-04-23 05:59 UTC)
Platform Info:
OS: Windows (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-7600U CPU @ 2.80GHz
WORD_SIZE: 64
LIBM: libopenlibm
LLVM: libLLVM-11.0.1 (ORCJIT, skylake)
Environment:
JULIA_PKG_DEVDIR = C:\Users\gregr\gitrepos

1 Like

sounds like your registry might be corrupted. Try this:

(@v1.6) pkg> registry rm General
    Removing registry `General` from ~/.julia/registries/General

(@v1.6) pkg> registry add General
       Added registry `General` to `~/.julia/registries/General`
1 Like

That took a few minutes to complete, but it resolved the problem! ArgCheck now adds in a few seconds, no errors!

Thank you!
GregR

1 Like

Ok great! I think it can get corrupted if it’s interrupted (e.g. ctrl+c or closing the Julia session) while the registry is updating. Not ideal but something others have run into on these forums too. Luckily it’s pretty easy to fix by just removing it and adding it again.

I do occasionally Ctrl+C on a running process. It’s a good thing to know, thanks.