M2 = [5 6; 7 8]
        mm=myfunc(M1,M2)
        return 2.1
end

if abspath(PROGRAM_FILE) == @__FILE__
        println("result is:", call_myfunc())
end

end # module

After creating the binary, I called the call_myfunc from a C++ code. Running it with the callgrind tool, I was able to see the call stack and, to my surprise, the JIT was called.
In more details, I would expect that if I have a pre-compilation statement then it should be compiled.
Strangely, this is not always true. On the above example, the “cat” call exists on the pre-compilation file:

precompile(Tuple{getfield(Base, Symbol("#cat_t##kw")), NamedTuple{(:dims,), Tuple{Tuple{Int64, Int64}}}, typeof(Base.cat_t), Type{Int64}, Array{Int64, 2}, Vararg{Array{Int64, 2}, N} where N})
precompile(Tuple{getfield(Base, Symbol("##cat_t#110")), Tuple{Int64, Int64}, typeof(Base.cat_t), Type{Int64}, Array{Int64, 2}, Vararg{Array{Int64, 2}, N} where N})

but it cannot be compiled and goes through the JIT (as you can see on the attached picture)

Diving deeper to the “cat” function, it turned out that the input argument is of type “Any”.
below is the output of the @which

Is there a way, to fully compile the “cat” function so that the JIT is not used?

Thanks!