package installation issue: julia 1.0.1 (pro)


#1

Hi all,
I have used StatPlots and Query (from Queryverse) for plotting data from dataframes (DataFrame) in julia 1 and 0.7. Now, I have installed Julia pro (linux) and when I try to add these (unregistered) packages, I get dependency errors that I do not know how to resolve (see below). For Query, I also got the same problem using Queryverse. I tried “build” and that does not resolve the problem either (at the end I had to do “gc” --garbage collection-- to get rid of all the uninstalled junk.).

Any suggestions how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

(JuliaPro_v1.0.1.1) pkg> add https://github.com/JuliaPlots/StatPlots.jl
Cloning git-repo https://github.com/JuliaPlots/StatPlots.jl
Updating git-repo https://github.com/JuliaPlots/StatPlots.jl
[ Info: Assigning UUID 998cb3ff-84d1-51c1-b67e-36e015111395 to StatPlots
Resolving package versions…
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:

  • DataValues (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • IterableTables (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • KernelDensity (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • TableTraitsUtils (not found in project, manifest or registry)
    Please specify by known name=uuid.

(JuliaPro_v1.0.1.1) pkg> add https://github.com/queryverse/DataValues.jl
Updating git-repo https://github.com/queryverse/DataValues.jl
[ Info: Assigning UUID 3fb3654c-592e-52f0-a40c-25fa1aa498bd to DataValues
Resolving package versions…
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:

  • julia (not found in project, manifest or registry)
    Please specify by known name=uuid.

(JuliaPro_v1.0.1.1) pkg> add https://github.com/JuliaStats/KernelDensity.jl
Cloning git-repo https://github.com/JuliaStats/KernelDensity.jl
Updating git-repo https://github.com/JuliaStats/KernelDensity.jl
[ Info: Assigning UUID 8815a044-260b-5b0d-9f28-6715451c3988 to KernelDensity
Resolving package versions…
Installed CommonSubexpressions ─── v0.2.0
Installed PositiveFactorizations ─ v0.2.1
Installed Calculus ─────────────── v0.4.1
Installed DiffRules ────────────── v0.0.7
Installed DiffEqDiffTools ──────── v0.6.0
Installed DiffResults ──────────── v0.0.3
Installed LineSearches ─────────── v7.0.0
Installed NLSolversBase ────────── v7.1.0
Installed Optim ────────────────── v0.17.1
Installed Interpolations ───────── v0.9.2
Installed ForwardDiff ──────────── v0.9.0
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:

  • julia (not found in project, manifest or registry)
    Please specify by known name=uuid.
    (JuliaPro_v1.0.1.1) pkg> add https://github.com/queryverse/Query.jl
    Cloning git-repo https://github.com/queryverse/Query.jl
    Updating git-repo https://github.com/queryverse/Query.jl
    [ Info: Assigning UUID 482c3e70-e9f7-5fff-8d38-f9ecf1238997 to Query
    Resolving package versions…
    ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:
  • DataValues (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • Documenter (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • IterableTables (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • QueryOperators (not found in project, manifest or registry)
    Please specify by known name=uuid.

(JuliaPro_v1.0.1.1) pkg> add https://github.com/queryverse/IterableTables.jl
Cloning git-repo https://github.com/queryverse/IterableTables.jl
Updating git-repo https://github.com/queryverse/IterableTables.jl
[ Info: Assigning UUID 8420c023-9bc1-5ecc-bb5d-45a1bd39ab82 to IterableTables
Resolving package versions…
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:

  • DataValues (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • TableTraitsUtils (not found in project, manifest or registry)
    Please specify by known name=uuid.

(JuliaPro_v1.0.1.1) pkg> add https://github.com/queryverse/Queryverse.jl
Updating git-repo https://github.com/queryverse/Queryverse.jl
[ Info: Assigning UUID 59a985a8-d59b-5917-8bd5-6e1bd595a851 to Queryverse
Resolving package versions…
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:

  • CSVFiles (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • DataValues (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • DataVoyager (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • ExcelFiles (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • FeatherFiles (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • IterableTables (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • Query (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • StatFiles (not found in project, manifest or registry)
  • VegaLite (not found in project, manifest or registry)
    Please specify by known name=uuid.

#2

See PhysicalConstants package with Julia 1.0.1.1?


#3

Hi
Thanks for the information. Now I see why it would not go to the non-juliacomputing registries. I changed the following file’s name “/home/nima/julia/JuliaPro-1.0.1.1/JuliaPro/pkgs-1.0.1.1/registries/JuliaPro/Registry.toml” to something else and still when I try to do add a package, I get error.
It seems that something else is still pushing the system to look for the juliacomputing package database. Any idea/suggestions?
Best

(JuliaPro_v1.0.1.1) pkg> add https://github.com/queryverse/Query.jl
Cloning default registries into /home/nima/julia/JuliaPro-1.0.1.1/JuliaPro/pkgs-1.0.1.1/registries
Cloning registry General from “https://pkg.juliacomputing.com//registry/General
[ Info: Please Authenticate…
Error: Can’t open display: (null)
Error: Can’t open display: (null)

btw, this is the top few lines of that file:

name = “JuliaPro”
uuid = “23338594-aafe-5451-b93e-juliapro1001”
repo = “https://pkg.juliacomputing.com/registry/JuliaPro

description = “”"
JuliaPro private registry, this registry is maintained by Julia Computing Inc
“”"

[packages]
ef61062a-5684-51dc-bb67-a0fcdec5c97d = { name = “DiffEqUncertainty”, path = “D/DiffEqUncertainty” }
c601a237-2ae4-5e1e-952c-7a85b0c7eef1 = { name = “Interact”, path = “I/Interact” }