Package installation -- doesn't work

#1

I’m trying to install an update of a package that used to work, by cloning it from GitHub. I get a weird error message:

julia> using Pkg

julia> Pkg.clone("https://github.com/OpenModelica/OMJulia.jl")
┌ Warning: Pkg.clone is only kept for legacy CI script reasons, please use `add`
└ @ Pkg.API C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\API.jl:386
  Updating registry at `C:\Users\user_name\.julia\registries\General`
  Updating git-repo `https://github.com/JuliaRegistries/General.git`
  Updating git-repo `https://github.com/OpenModelica/OMJulia.jl`
[ Info: Assigning UUID b9c49fa3-9548-50ca-88f4-bcd0bd4a191f to OMJulia
[ Info: Path `C:\Users\user_name\.julia\dev\OMJulia` exists and looks like the correct package, using existing path
 Resolving package versions...
ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package ASTInterpreter2 [e6d88f4b]:
 ASTInterpreter2 [e6d88f4b] log:
 ├─possible versions are: 0.1.0-0.1.1 or uninstalled
 ├─restricted by julia compatibility requirements to versions: uninstalled
 └─restricted by compatibility requirements with Atom [c52e3926] to versions: 0.1.0-0.1.1 — no versions left
   └─Atom [c52e3926] log:
     ├─possible versions are: [0.1.0-0.1.1, 0.2.0-0.2.1, 0.3.0, 0.4.0-0.4.6, 0.5.0-0.5.10, 0.6.0-0.6.17, 0.7.0-0.7.15, 0.8.0-0.8.2] or uninstalled
     └─restricted to versions 0.7.14 by an explicit requirement, leaving only versions 0.7.14
Stacktrace:
 [1] #propagate_constraints!#61(::Bool, ::Function, ::Pkg.GraphType.Graph, ::Set{Int64}) at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\GraphType.jl:1005
 [2] propagate_constraints! at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\GraphType.jl:946 [inlined]
 [3] #simplify_graph!#121(::Bool, ::Function, ::Pkg.GraphType.Graph, ::Set{Int64}) at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\GraphType.jl:1460
 [4] simplify_graph! at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\GraphType.jl:1460 [inlined] (repeats 2 times)
 [5] resolve_versions!(::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}, ::Nothing) at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\Operations.jl:371
 [6] resolve_versions! at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\Operations.jl:315 [inlined]
 [7] #add_or_develop#63(::Array{Base.UUID,1}, ::Symbol, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\Operations.jl:1171
 [8] #add_or_develop at .\none:0 [inlined]
 [9] #add_or_develop#15(::Symbol, ::Bool, ::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Pkg.Types.Context, ::Array{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec,1}) at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\API.jl:54
 [10] #add_or_develop at .\none:0 [inlined]
 [11] #develop#21 at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\API.jl:60 [inlined]
 [12] develop at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\API.jl:60 [inlined]
 [13] clone(::String, ::String) at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\API.jl:391
 [14] clone(::String) at C:\cygwin\home\Administrator\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Pkg\src\API.jl:386
 [15] top-level scope at none:0
#2

As I understand it, ASTInterpreter2 got turned into JuliaInterpreter as part of a lot of the recent debugging work. Just do ] update or using Pkg; Pkg.update() and you should be fine.

#3

Easiest thing to do - go into the Pkg prompt by using ] key
add https://github.com/OpenModelica/OMJulia.jl

#4

Thanks! Pkg.update() did the trick.

I thought I had done update… I have a script file (include()) where I update packages, but apparently it crashed because I tried to update OMJuliafirst before a proper installation of OMJulia

#5

Please don’t forget to flag the correct answer