about a year ago @TheCedarPrince and I created https://github.com/Wikunia/Javis.jl as a small little project to create some neat little gifs.
Well it grew a “bit” more than expected Now we are more and more at the stage where we are thinking about splitting parts up, moving into an organization and face some other problems.
We would like to get some feedback from you about this process as you might have experienced it in the past. Some specific questions that came to our mind:
When we transfer the repository from my GitHub account to an organization
- will all links from outside of GitHub break (like from blog posts/twitter/YouTube comments)
- what are the steps we need to take regarding the registry such that Javis can be installed from the new repo?
Currently we see more and more issues piling up due to more people using Javis. We are mostly two developers at the moment + GSoC student @arsh . We partly switched from students to employment and need to spend our time more wisely Some questions that come to mind but maybe add your own through the comments that we should be aware of:
- When we create PRs we normally had the other co-developer look reviewing it
- we feel this takes quite some time due to long waiting periods when one is busy due to the job
- are there any tips on improving this? For which kind of PRs is it better to have something merged fast? Those can be improved by another PR. For which should one wait for reviews?
- What kind of tools do you use to prioritize issues over others?
- Any specific tools other than the GitHub issue tracker?
- Labels that helped you out a lot?
Thanks in advance for tips and tricks for developers who are new to the world of bigger organizations?