Package extension version restriction

Hi everyone,

I’m having some issues with the package extensions. Recently I’ve added Makie as an extension to my data processing package Batsrus.jl. I listed Makie.jl in the [weakdeps] and added the [compat] info for it. In the tests, I listed CairoMakie as a test dependency (but no version restriction, since I don’t know how to do that). It worked well until this week, when Makie.jl and CairoMakie.jl were updated to newer versions. The CI Actions julia-runtest showed that the installed CairoMakie version was v0.4.7, which was very old (the latest release is v0.11.5). I believe the failure of tests was caused by the old package version. However, three weeks ago, the CI Actions julia-runtest showed that the installed CairoMakie version was v0.11.3. My latest commits did not touch the package extension or anything related to Project.toml.

In the extension BatsrusMakieExt, only Makie is imported. CairoMakie is only used for testing purposes, but somehow it chose a very old version which was probably incompatible with neither Makie v0.19 nor v0.20 listed in Batsrus.jl/Project.toml.

Why did this happen, and how should I fix the compatibility issue with package extensions?