Here’s the situation:
- I have the HTTP.jl package, which includes a decent amount of fairly modular code
- Without any tricks, package compilation takes 7 seconds, using takes 0.7 s, and making a first request takes 5 whole seconds
- Trying SnoopCompile.jl didn’t actually seem to make any difference (maybe I’m using it wrong? Branch is here)
- I also tried putting a block just after my HTTP definition like:
try HTTP.get("www.google.com") end
but that didn’t seem to make any difference either.
- The option I’m considering going w/ is putting the above try-block in the module
__init__(); that balloons the
usingtime to 10s, which is painful to have to pay every single time you do
using HTTP, but in a production setting, I think it’s the only option vs. having the first request/response take 5 whole seconds to compile/process
Anybody have any other ideas? Feeling a little stuck here.