OpenGL error with Documenter.jl

I’m trying to set up some documentation for a package using Documenter.jl and I’m getting an OpenGL error when I try to build and deploy everything on Github Actions. I have GLMakie as a dependency which is causing the problem, but I’m not sure what to do to resolve the issue.

The specific error message led me to this trouble shooting page and eventually this yaml file for headless github action with GLMakie. Do I just copy that file over to my project?

1 Like

The important lines in our docs workflow are

and

Which handle setting up software OpenGL and running the julia process such that it can access those resources.

Adding those two lines into the default documenter template for github actions solved the issue! :tada:

I went to update my project today and unfortunately I’m running into the same error again despite the two modified lines from your previous suggestion. Has GLMakie updated in such a way that I need to add something else to the yml file?

We recently had to downgrade our CI to the previous Ubuntu version. The software opengl stack doesn’t seem to work with the new version, yet. You can check our latest CI scripts.

1 Like