Open Positions at Beacon Biosignals

Beacon Biosignals is seeking talented DevOps/Julia folks to help us take the task of analyzing hundreds of terabytes of EEG data from “ouch that hurts, my poor RAM, oof” to “painless, my containers are one big happy family.” Full job post here: https://gist.github.com/jrevels/7d3dcf28e69a25512fac39c765d3f8b8

We also have several internship slots open for the Spring/Summer 2020. Beacon has an abundance of low-hanging-fruit projects where intrepid Julianauts (perhaps YOU, dear reader!) could deliver a major impact within a 3 month period - reach out for details.

Contact me at jarrett@beacon.bio if interested!

14 Likes

Is all your EEG processing closed source and in house or are you using something existing in the Julia ecosystem?

Most of our EEG-specific processing tools are all internal for now, but are built on top of common packages like Flux, DSP.jl, etc.

We’re big on making as much of our work open as possible, though! We upstream improvements/fixes/features to our dependencies where possible, and are planning on open-sourcing a few of our packages by the end of the quarter :slight_smile:

10 Likes