However after executing the following lines of code, I got an error ERROR No backend available (GLMakie, CairoMakie, WGLMakie).
figure, _ = abm_plot(model; ac = groupcolor, am = groupmarker, as = 10)
This was when I was using vscode in its interactive form (executing each line of code with cmd + enter). I managed to however get the figure displayed temporarily when running as a script (include("schelling.jl")). But this too didnt work after adding plots.jl package to my environment and following that I never managed to get it working again.
I tried removing plots, creating a whole new environment (without plots.jl), updating all packages as well as Pkg > build CairoMakie but non of these methods worked.
Currently I have the following packages in my environment, also I am using Mac with the new m1 chip.
Hi all, these issues are due to the recent change from AbstractPlotting to Makie as the base package of the Makie environment.
The crossover point for InteractiveDynamics (and thus Agents) was in v0.15 - can you upgrade that package and report back?
Edit: if you can’t get this to work automatically, try ] rm GLMakie, then ] up InteractiveDynamics and finally ] add GLMakie back. I think the hook is that AbstractPlotting is sitting around in the manifest and is not allowing the upgrade to happen easily.
Is that your complete list of dependencies in this project?
GLMakie looks old for sure, but it may be one of the other packages you have needs it.
Best thing I could suggest right away is start a new environment with Agents, GLMakie and InteractiveDynamics. Then, start adding your other requirements until you see GLMakie downgrade to this value - that will find the package that’s causing the conflict.
@Libbum Thank you again for the help. I’ve managed to successfully get myself to the right versions. It seems that Atom was the culprit of the little issue. I’m not even sure what it was doing in my dependencies, but I am quite new at this.
My dependencies now correctly read GLMakie v0.3.4 and InteractiveDynamics v0.15.1.
Unfortunately, I’m still running into the same issue after the fix. Perhaps it’s something much more daft than the OP’s issue.