New symbolic solver for Symbolics.jl!

Perhaps you need to get up from your desk and go for a relaxing walk?

3 Likes

Please be more specific and use a kinder tone when you point to something that does not work.

Please do not inflame the conversation more than it needs to be.

11 Likes

Note that the feature is brand new and requires Julia v1.10, so if youā€™re on either an old version of Julia or a version of Symbolics not from this week you likely donā€™t have it installed. Again, this announcement is for the feature that just released, so you have to get the latest for it.

Holy cow, Yassin. Might the best ā€œThis is the first time X has postedā€. Hope the 60+ likes response was welcoming.

1 Like

hello @jlapeyre. I really appreciate the love! every positive comment in this thread means a lot. Thank you!

3 Likes

Amazing work @Yassin_ElBedwihy !

Has this been tested with, say MWE I have a function f(a, b, c) = a + b + c to compute x = f(a, b, c) but in another use case I have values for x, a, b and want to compute c so I use code gen on your solverā€™s output to produce Julia evaluation for the inverted symbolic expression?

Iā€™d imagine that to be the primary use case at least for me.

Thatā€™s a fairly common use case and I donā€™t see any issues with it since it just returns basic symbolics.

1 Like