Makie - trouble using both a slider and textbox to change a number

I’m running into some issues trying to use Makie to visualize some of my data using Julia 1.6.0. I’ve created a toy example below that illustrates the problem. In the example, I have a number between 0 and 1, and I want to be able to change that number using either a slider or by manually inputting the number into the textbox. The Figure contains 3 parts:

1. A display for the current number
  2. The Slider allowing me to change that number
  3. A Textbox displaying the number and allowing me to edit it (instead of using the slider)

The key is that I want the Slider (2) and the Textbox (3) to be in sync; if I set the Slider to the halfway point then I want the Textbox to read “0.5” and similarly if I set the Textbox to “0.75” then I want the Slider to automatically move to the 3/4 point. The code below works until I try to use too many decimal places when I input to the Textbox. So, for example, inputting “0.75” or “0.750” works as expected. However, inputting “0.750000000” causes an error, although the output in the Figure will be correct.

using GLMakie

fig = Figure()

current_number = Node(0.0)

# Label to display the value of "current_number"
Label(fig[1, 1], @lift(string($current_number)), textsize = 20)

# Slider to change the current number
number_slider = Slider(fig[2, 1], range = 0.0:0.05:1.0, startvalue = 0.0)
connect!(current_number, number_slider.value)

# Number textbox - input a number to change the displayed number
function validate_0to1(input)
    input_num = tryparse(Float64, input)

if isnothing(input_num)
        return(false)
    end

if input_num >= 0.0 && input_num <= 1.0
        return(true)
    else
        return(false)
    end

end

number_textbox = Textbox(fig[3, 1],
    validator = validate_0to1,
    placeholder = "0.000",
    displayed_string = @lift(string($current_number)))

on(number_textbox.stored_string) do s
    input_number = parse(Float64, s)
    set_close_to!(number_slider, input_number)
end

I assume my mistake probably has something to do with how I have set up the observables, but so far I have not been able to figure out what is wrong. The error I get is:

MethodError: Cannot `convert` an object of type Nothing to an object of type Vector{Point{2, Float32}}

Thanks in advance!