Makie Layoutables documentation and SliderGrid Example Error

I am having difficulty finding documentation on Makie layoutables.

Blocks & Widgets has some nice examples but where can I find more detailed documentation on the various CURRENT blocks?

In addition, the SliderGrid example fails to run for me. I get the ERROR “UndefVarError: SliderGrid not defined”. I have failed to find a solution after much much searching.

Thank you, Harvey

I tried the SliderGrid example and got the same error. Then I updated all my packages and the example now works. Maybe you are using an old version of GLMakie. I’m running Julia v1.7.2 on Windows 11, with these package versions:

pkg> st
     Project App v0.1.0
  [c4b4474d] Bokeh v0.3.0
  [7da242da] Enzyme v0.9.6
  [e9467ef8] GLMakie v0.6.3
  [c3a54625] JET v0.5.14
  [ee78f7c6] Makie v0.17.3
  [9b87118b] PackageCompiler v2.0.5
  [efd6af41] ProfileCanvas v0.1.0
  [1986cc42] Unitful v1.11.0
  [8dfed614] Test

I don’t quite understand the question, the page you linked does have a lot of documentation about all the current blocks that Makie has. If an example doesn’t work you can always check that your versions match the ones shown at the bottom of the page.

I updated all my packages ( I had to research how to do that). I’m relatively new to Julia and had not realized the need to update packages in addition to keeping Julia up to date. Now it works, thank you.

Re the documentation issue: I guess I was expecting something more than the Examples being THE total documentation for the available Blocks & Widgets and how to use them.

Yeah the examples are also documentation but focused on showing visual examples of what’s going on. That’s why they’re called examples, it’s always a bit difficult to categorize things such that people are not confused… The Documentation section is more text based