LoadError: MethodError: no method matching mdflatten

I am trying to run the Make.JL script but when it stream the markdown into Documenter, something is breaking and I don’t know where to look. I checked the Docstrings and the look ok…Any thoughts on how to interpret the message or what I am exactly trying to correct in my syntax.

ERROR: LoadError: MethodError: no method matching mdflatten(::Base.GenericIOBuffer{Array{UInt8,1}}, ::Int64, ::Markdown.Italic)
Closest candidates are:
mdflatten(::Any, ::Markdown.MD, ::Any) at C:\Users\.julia\packages\Documenter\G5Sup\src\Utilities\MDFlatten.jl:33
mdflatten(::Any, ::Markdown.Paragraph, ::Any) at C:\Users\.julia\packages\Documenter\G5Sup\src\Utilities\MDFlatten.jl:45
mdflatten(::Any, ::Markdown.BlockQuote, ::Any) at C:\Users.julia\packages\Documenter\G5Sup\src\Utilities\MDFlatten.jl:46

Best way to figure out what is happening is to try to reduce the problem as much as possible. Take away everything you can that is not needed for this to happen. If it is still not obvious what the problem is, then open an issue with the minimal example on the Documenter repo.

1 Like

I’ve faced something similar, and it was very hard to find the error but finally I’ve realized that I had some not escaped dollar signs that were ruining the Markdown doc (e.g. $4 instead of \$4). Once I escaped those signs, the compilation of the document was successful. So I suggest to check that the .md files are correctly written in Markdown to find the possible problem. On the other hand, it would be great to have a checker about correct Markdown usage during the compilation of Documenter, since the error message is not helpful at all.