I have been working on a set of packages to handle different sets of entities for Unicode characters (or sequences).
I almost have the first of these,
LaTeX_Entities ready (the others are
Unicode_Entities. (I used simpler forms of these in my StringUtils.jl package).
One issue that came up is that there are a few entities in the Julia latex_symbols.jl file that have names that are not part of any standard, and I wondered if some of those should be deprecated and replaced, or simply have the standard names added. (Note: the code I wrote for LaTeX entity tables could be used also for Base, it produces a table that can be loaded very quickly, takes much less memory, and doesn’t require some of the patches the current tables have had, such as for \varepsilon).
The names that I wonder if should simply be replaced by the versions in the standards are the following:
"pprime" => "″", # synonym of \dprime "ppprime" => "‴", # synonym of \trprime "pppprime" => "⁗", # synonym of \qprime "backpprime" => "‶", # synonym of \backdprime "backppprime" => "‷", # synonym of \backtrprime "llbracket" => "⟦", # synonym of \lBrack "rrbracket" => "⟧", # synonym of \rBrack
(I think maybe the
rrbracket could just stay as Julia-specific synonyms, such as the ones
but the *prime ones seem more confusing than the standard names to me)