.juliarc.jl and `LOAD_PATH` in Windows OS

Just installed Julia-1.0.0 on a Windows 10 machine. Trying to find the .juliarc.jl somewhere but fail. So here are my questions. New to both Windows OS and Julia-1.0.0. So bear with me if the questions sound silly.

1. Is .juliarc.jl automatically generated or supposed to be created by users themselves?
  2. If I, as a user, should create the .juliarc.jl file by myself, where am I supposed to place it? What’s its correct name it should bear in Windows OS? Same as in Linux?
  3. How to name a path in Windows OS? I’m guessing something like below:
@everywhere push!(LOAD_PATH, "push!(LOAD_PATH, "C:\\Users\\Dell\\Documents\\git\\FastSummation.jl")

I have spent some time searching the answers to these questions in the doc v1.0.0 but didn’t find anything helpful. Of course, I may have overlooked.

Thanks for this thread. In fact, I was aware of this thread and followed the discussion. But it still doesn’t work. That’s why I wonder if the file name should be a different one or I made any mistake in naming the paths in Windows OS (question 3 above).

There is no .juliarc.jl in 0.7 and 1.0. This has been replaced by the file .julia/config/startup.jl, see Getting Started · The Julia Language and look for startup.jl.

As for the path under Windows: a single forward slash / works.

1 Like

Thanks for the hints!! Just realized that @everywhere is deprecated.

For my Linux machine, I just did the same thing - put a startup.jl file in /home/chobbes/.julia/config. But the file is ignored by both of my installations v1.0.0 and v1.0.1, which are placed side by side in my home directory. Can anyone give me a hint? Thanks.