JuliaMedicine Domain

Is it possible to create JuliaMedicine domain or something like this? I found BioJulia, but this domain include bioinformatics packajes that not in clinical trials or medicine sphere. MAny pckages in JuliaStats or in others domains can be applied to medicine but i think there are packages like pharmakokinitics/pharmacodynamycs, randomization, trial simulation, MRT and others graphics analysis in medicine can be under this domain.

5 Likes

As someone that is VERY interested in applying Julia to translational (or near translational) research in medicine I very much agree there is some void here. However, I’m not sure exactly what sort of packages would go in such a organization. All those topics you mentioned are really implemented in one form or another elsewhere. If you just want these things conveniently accessible from a single package with a nice binding syntax then that seems more like a single package than an organization.

BTW. I think it’s worth considering, but I’ve thought about the same thing and would like to see where this goes.

2 Likes

I think JuliaMedicine is much too generic. For MRI I have created the following org: https://github.com/MagneticResonanceImaging

1 Like

Hi! I think that:

• Pharmacokinetics & Bioequivalence
  • Pharmacodynamics / Dose-responce ets
  • Scale calculators
  • Medicine Image Packages (not only MRI)
  • Data Management in Clinical Trials / Censoring ets
  • Clinical Trial Simulation Like Mediana in R
  • Clinical Trial meta-analysis like Metafor in R
  • Sample size estimation
  • Randomization / Adaptive randomization engine ets
  • Related Graphics
  • Specific formats CDISK ets
  • Terminology like PyMedTermino (Medical Terminologies for Python)

Or maybe make somethink like collection…

Domains on their own don’t make sense without a centralized governance, maintenance structure, and cohesive set of APIs. Just putting a bunch of repos under an organization doesn’t do that. I’d try and get a specific set of packages under common maintenance first, and then use the org to help manage that. Otherwise the org effort just dies or, even worse, it just becomes a list of partially unmaintained packages mixed with one or two packages you actually care about.

6 Likes

We have created the JuliaHealth organization: JuliaHealth · GitHub

Relevant:

2 Likes