JuliaDB offline usage

When using JuliaDB without a network connection, I get the following error message. The error seems to be that __init__() in the MemPool.jl package includes a getipaddr call which errors offline.

Is JuliaDB.jl supposed to work offline? I don’t see why that should be not the case.

Thank you advance
Daniel

julia> using JuliaDB
ERROR: InitError: No networking interface available
Stacktrace:
 [1] error(::String) at ./error.jl:33
 [2] getipaddr at /home/user/sw/julia/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Sockets/src/addrinfo.jl:239 [inlined]
 [3] getipaddr at /home/user/sw/julia/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Sockets/src/addrinfo.jl:246 [inlined]
 [4] __init__() at /home/user/.julia/packages/MemPool/tlPqB/src/MemPool.jl:103
 [5] _include_from_serialized(::String, ::Array{Any,1}) at ./loading.jl:685
 [6] _require_search_from_serialized(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at ./loading.jl:765
 [7] _tryrequire_from_serialized(::Base.PkgId, ::UInt64, ::String) at ./loading.jl:700
 [8] _require_search_from_serialized(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at ./loading.jl:754
 [9] _tryrequire_from_serialized(::Base.PkgId, ::UInt64, ::String) at ./loading.jl:700
 [10] _require_search_from_serialized(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at ./loading.jl:754
 [11] _require(::Base.PkgId) at ./loading.jl:990
 [12] require(::Base.PkgId) at ./loading.jl:911
 [13] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at ./loading.jl:906
during initialization of module MemPool

MemPool master has some code to avoid this load-time error, although no guarantees on whether things will work during runtime. If you find they don’t, please open an issue on MemPool.jl and ping me.

1 Like

Cool, thank you! Will do so.

1 Like