Julia can be better at doing web: A benchmark

While a “web benchmark” under discussion here, partly DB related, then connecting can possibly be improved.

I didn’t look at the pool functionality, but is it redundant with new feature in just released PostgreSQL 16, or its libpq (note, latest libpq might work for older PostgreSQL, it usually does, maybe, maybe not, for this too? Pg_pool is also available, seems not partially redundant project): PostgreSQL: Documentation: 16: E.2. Release 16

• Allow multiple libpq-specified hosts to be randomly selected (Jelte Fennema)
    This is enabled with load_balance_hosts=random and can be used for load balancing.

FYI: It also has a number of good new features, such as more complete support for the SQL/JSON standard (I was proposing recently in another thread, to rather than serialize Julia data/arrays to BLOBs, i.e. its bytea proprietary type). Also off-topic:

PostgreSQL 16 improves general support for text collations, which provide rules for how text is sorted. PostgreSQL 16 builds with ICU support by default, determines the default ICU locale from the environment, and allows users to define custom ICU collation rules.

Maybe ICU is new, or new by default, but it reminded my of that at least the latest ICU has e.g. “significant changes for GB18030-2022 compliance support”, i.e. for Chinese. That latest Chinese standard is slightly incompatible, I’m not sure if it affects Julia users, i.e. Unicode/UTF-8 too in some way.

Version 23.1 of Ora2Pg, a free and reliable tool used to migrate an Oracle database to PostgreSQL, has been officially released and is publicly available for download.
[…]
New command line option --lo_import. By default Ora2Pg imports Oracle BLOB as bytea, the destination column is created using the bytea data type.

Even more off-topic (unless it helps some actual real-world users, if not benchmarks, maybe some Julia code should be off-loaded to the database, I think there’s a PL/Julia out there):

It’s not one of the official, but with precompiled code could be getting increasingly relevant to use (and maybe get into PostgreSQL as official?):