Julia blocked by CylanceUI

Sounds like great news! Does this mean that Cylance has whitelisted Julia in a version-independent manner globally? Or simply that your IT department has set a whitelist rule for specific versions for your organization?

I was specifically told that the request was sent to Cylance and not just someone in our department that has the power to whitelist programs. Here was exactly what I received in an e-mail.

The Julia certificate was added to the Cylance exception list.

I’m being very careful about making any claims at this point because I’ve been misled by IT on this multiple times. I confirmed that it works on other computers at my university that have Cylance but I can’t really check anything beyond that.

2 Likes

I appreciate your caution, but thank you for pushing on this regardless! Hopefully, it does turn out that this is a global solution. Folks like myself who are in industry (not academia) won’t be able to publish these sorts of details in public due to cyber security privacy reasons, so your sharing is appreciated.

Of course! If it’s any consolation, I never had trouble with official releases once they’d been out for a couple of weeks-months. In that case it’s unlikely to be problematic for anyone using your Julia based program by the time it’s ready. I’m fairly convinced up to this point it’s been a combined issue of my IT department and Cylance ignoring me up to this point, not how Julia seems to work in any other situation.