Julia 1.3 missing windows dependency, ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: error compiling top-level scope: could not load library “zlib1”

Hi All,

I’m running into an error trying to test my package on windows in Julia 1.3 via Travis. Everything works fine in Julia 1.2 but I’m confronted with this error when testing in Julia 1.3.

ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: error compiling top-level scope: could not load library “zlib1”

I also posted to the travis forum here .

Here’s the full output from Travis. Might this be something on the travis side, or could it be something with Julia?

Thanks for any help or insight!

EDIT

I found a potential solution here, but I’m not sure what the full path of the julia/lib folder is.

EDIT #2

Found the location of julia/lib. https://travis-ci.community/t/where-is-julia-lib-located-when-using-the-windows-os-in-travis/5947/2?u=vlandau

- Vincent

Update

copy of this post
Turns out downloading the .dll didn’t work. After downloading it and placing it in /julia/bin (placing it in julia/lib did nothing), I got the following error:

ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: error compiling top-level scope: could not load library "zlib1"
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Which is slightly different than what I got before:

ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: error compiling top-level scope: could not load library "zlib1"
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

This is the code I added to my yaml file to download the .dll

before_install:
  - if [ "$TRAVIS_OS_NAME" = "windows" ]; 
    then wget -O zlib-1.2.3-bin.zip http://managedway.dl.sourceforge.net/project/gnuwin32/zlib/1.2.3/zlib-1.2.3-bin.zip;
    unzip zlib-1.2.3-bin.zip;
    mv bin/zlib1.dll C:/julia/bin/zlib1.dll;
    fi

Not sure if that means I have the wrong .dll. I posted an issue on the github repo for GZip. This seems to be a somewhat common problem.