Is "Data" a reserved keyword in Julia?

I traced a problem of my project down to the keyword “Data”. I did not see any declaration in the documents that “Data” is reserved. Here is an example:

# it works for "Data2" 
abstract type Data2 end;
typeof(Data2) 

# but it does not work for "Data
abstract type Data end;
typeof(Data) 

Julia Version 0.6.2
Commit d386e40c17 (2017-12-13 18:08 UTC)

Error message is here:

MethodError: no method matching include_string(::Type{Data}, ::String, ::String, ::Int64)e[0m
Closest candidates are:
include_string(e[91m::Modulee[39m, ::Any...) at /Applications/JuliaPro-0.6.2.2.app/Contents/Resources/pkgs-0.6.2.2/v0.6/CodeTools/src/eval.jl:34
include_string(e[91m::Modulee[39m, ::String, ::String) at /Applications/JuliaPro-0.6.2.2.app/Contents/Resources/pkgs-0.6.2.2/v0.6/Compat/src/Compat.jl:71
include_string(e[91m::Modulee[39m, ::AbstractString, ::AbstractString) at /Applications/JuliaPro-0.6.2.2.app/Contents/Resources/pkgs-0.6.2.2/v0.6/Compat/src/Compat.jl:73

No, Data is not a reserved or special word. Your minimal example works for me. There’s something else going on here.

Thank you. You are right. It works in my Julia REPL, but not in JuliaPro. It might be caused by the JuliaPro. I should have tried it out in REPL first before positing. Thanks.

It might be nice to setup a website at some point where people can post name collisions like this. I see a reserved word post once every couple months.

Rails has a pretty nice one here:

It’s likely that you are seeing a conflict with DataStreams.jl which exports a module called Data.

Maybe this wasn’t the best move, as admittedly Data does seem like too general a name to use for much of anything, except possibly sentient androids, but it’s a core part of the Julia data ecosystem so I think that name is here to stay.

Even still, the posted error is confusing — if that were the case it should show a

ERROR: cannot assign variable Data from module Main

or some such when trying to create the type.