Is any way to print DataFrames using heat maps as background?

yep something with VS Code.

Aha! VScode console maybe does not seems to support RGB colors (truecolor). Try this one please:

julia> println("\e[38;5;226;48;5;4mThis must have blue background\e[0m")

nope!

This is unexpected :sweat_smile: Try this please:

julia> println("\e[38;5;226mTest 1\e[0m")
julia> println("\e[48;5;4mTest 2\e[0m")
julia> println("\e[48;5;4m\e[38;5;226mTest 3\e[0m")
julia> println("\e[38;5;226m\e[48;5;4mTest 4\e[0m")
1 Like

a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel!

from console in Win10:

In Pluto dumps to the console corectly.

Very strange! it seems that VSCode is not understanding that composition of ANSI escape sequences. Notice that: \e[38;5;226m\e[48;5;4m and \e[38;5;226;48;5;4m must do the same thing.

Can you please do one more verification:

julia> println("\e[38;2;255;255;0m\e[48;2;0;0;255mThis must have blue background\e[0m")

oh yeah

So, it is definitely a problem in VSCode console not understanding that composition.

1 Like

Actions? :smile:

Do we/I/u report it to them?

I didn’t try in Chrome.JuPyter notebook. Did u?

I think it is better to check for an open issue. However, it seems something related with your configuration. What OS are you using? Here (macOS) it is working fine:

Win10. In console looks OK. Both from console and Pluto that dumps this in the server console.

Hum, maybe trying to reinstall VSCode and removing all plugins and configurations?

Oh dear, not again! :smile: I better do a ritual sepuku!

1 Like

:smiley: However, it is clear it is something related to either a bug in VScode or some local configuration or plugin.

Ur latest println works in VSCode! The one generated from the lib now it doesn’t.

The package Crayons.jl always create the composed escape sequence. Notice that if I compose two different crayons, I get only one escape sequence:

julia> Crayon(;foreground = 0xFFFF00) * Crayon(; background = 0x0000FF)
\e[38;2;255;255;0;48;2;0;0;255m

I am not sure if there is an easy workaround for this.

By the way, VSCode is usually black, are you using a theme? If so, can you try reverting to the default one?

I tried with various themes. Restarting it and so on.

Hum… well, I have no more ideas then :slight_smile: