Install Gaston on Julia

I tried istaling the Gnuplot package, and Gaston on the front end. But, I get this error when I test Gaston.jl

IOError: could not spawn `gnuplot --version`: no such file or directory (ENOENT)
Stacktrace:
 [1] _spawn_primitive(::String, ::Cmd, ::Array{Any,1}) at .\process.jl:99
 [2] setup_stdios(::Base.var"#554#555"{Cmd}, ::Array{Any,1}) at .\process.jl:112
 [3] success(::Cmd) at .\process.jl:111
 [4] __init__() at C:\Users\Brett\.julia\packages\Gaston\JtE39\src\Gaston.jl:62
 [5] _include_from_serialized(::String, ::Array{Any,1}) at .\loading.jl:692
 [6] _require_search_from_serialized(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at .\loading.jl:776
 [7] _require(::Base.PkgId) at .\loading.jl:1001
 [8] require(::Base.PkgId) at .\loading.jl:922
 [9] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:917
 [10] include at .\boot.jl:328 [inlined]
 [11] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at .\loading.jl:1105
 [12] include(::Module, ::String) at .\Base.jl:31
 [13] include(::String) at .\client.jl:424
 [14] top-level scope at none:6
ERROR: Package Gaston errored during testing

I’m thinking it has to do with the requires stuff, after line 4-6. is ::Base.PkgId refferenig to Gaston.jl, or a main Julia package? (BTW using Windows 10 and Atom) Do I need to install Gnuplot to Atom? When I thest Gnuplot.jl, it say test successful.

The documentation for Gaston states

Gaston requires gnuplot to be installed in your system. It has been tested with versions 5.0 and above, and version 5.2 is recommended. Gaston also requires Julia v1.1.

Have you installed gnuplot? Based off the downloads page it looks like it supports windows.

I hadn’t now the new window shows up, so awesome :smiley: Only thing now is that 1 of 30 tests failed for Gaston.

Test Summary: | Pass  Fail  Total
2-D plots     |   30     1     31
ERROR: LoadError: Some tests did not pass: 30 passed, 1 failed, 0 errored, 0 broken.
in expression starting at C:\Users\Brett\.julia\packages\Gaston\JtE39\test\runtests.jl:71
ERROR: Package Gaston errored during testing

(v1.3) pkg> test Gnuplots
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:
 * Gnuplots (not found in project or manifest)
Please specify by known `name=uuid`.

(v1.3) pkg> test Gnuplot

I downloaded v5.2.8 and it says v5.2.0 in info, is the last digit important, if it’s just patches?

Can you do ]up or and ]resolve? Perhaps that will fix the issue. Maybe even uninstall and reinstall the Julia packages (don’t uninstall gnuplot).

everything seems to work now. I could do another test.

It says wrong number of arguments. How do I unistall a package?

]rm package

This is covered in the docs for Pkg.

Brett, I’m the maintainer of Gaston. If you still have any failing tests, please report them at Issues · mbaz/Gaston.jl · GitHub. Feedback, requests and PRs are most welcome too.

2 Likes