IJulia notebook() Failed to Launch the IJulia Notebook in my Browser

I was previously using IJulia notebook (Jupyter) to run the FUND model. I have just upgraded to Julia v.1.4.0, connected my julia installation with the central Mimi registry of Mimi models, added Mimi, and added MimiFUND at the julia prompt pkg>. All apparently installed fine. A the julia> prompt I entered “using IJulia; notebook()” as per the IJulia webpage. This failed to open the Jupyter notebook in my browser. Julia returns:

[ Info: running setenv('C:\Users\Ken\.julia\conda\3\Scripts\jupyter.exe' notebook,[“PATH=C:\Users\Ken\.julia\conda\3\Scripts;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program files\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\NetCDF4Excel;C:\Users\Ken\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps”, “USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=Ken-PC”, “HOMEPATH=\Users\Ken”, “PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC”, “SYSTEMROOT=C:\WINDOWS”, “APPDATA=C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Roaming”, “PSMODULEPATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\”, “COMMONPROGRAMW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files”, “PROGRAMDATA=C:\ProgramData”, “PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public”, “USERDOMAIN=Ken-PC”, “OS=Windows_NT”, “PROCESSOR_REVISION=0602”, “TMP=C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp”, “COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe”, “ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData”, “COMPUTERNAME=KEN-PC”, “FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO”, “USERNAME=Ken”, “USERPROFILE=C:\Users\Ken”, “PROCESSOR_LEVEL=16”, “=C:=C:\Program Files\Julia\Julia-1.4.0”, “PROGRAMW6432=C:\Program Files”, “TEMP=C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Temp”, “HOMEDRIVE=C:”, “WINDIR=C:\WINDOWS”, “LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local”, “PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2, AuthenticAMD”, “NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2”, “VS140COMNTOOLS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\”, “COMMONPROGRAMFILES(X86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files”, “COMMONPROGRAMFILES=C:\Program Files\Common Files”, “ONEDRIVE=C:\Users\Ken\OneDrive”, “PROGRAMFILES(X86)=C:\Program Files (x86)”, “EXE4J_JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_101”, “PROGRAMFILES=C:\Program Files”, “SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS=1”, “LOGONSERVER=\\KEN-PC”, “DRIVERDATA=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData”, “SYSTEMDRIVE=C:”, “__COMPAT_LAYER=Installer”, “PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64”, “OPENBLAS_MAIN_FREE=1”])
Process(setenv('C:\Users\Ken\.julia\conda\3\Scripts\jupyter.exe' notebook,[“PATH=C:\Users\Ken\.julia\conda\3\Scripts;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program files\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\NetCDF4Excel;C:\Users\Ken\.dnx\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps”, “USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=Ken-PC”, “HOMEPATH=\Users\Ken”, “PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC”, “SYSTEMROOT=C:\WINDOWS”, “APPDATA=C:\Users\Ken\AppData\Roaming”, “PSMODULEPATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\”, “COMMONPROGRAMW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files”, “PROGRAMDATA=C:\ProgramData”, “PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public” … “PROGRAMFILES(X86)=C:\Program Files (x86)”, “EXE4J_JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_101”, “PROGRAMFILES=C:\Program Files”, “SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS=1”, “LOGONSERVER=\\KEN-PC”, “DRIVERDATA=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData”, “SYSTEMDRIVE=C:”, “__COMPAT_LAYER=Installer”, “PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64”, “OPENBLAS_MAIN_FREE=1”]; dir=“C:\Users\Ken”), ProcessExited(1))

Does pkg> build IJulia succeed?

Maybe also try using Conda; Conda.update() to update Anaconda (you may have to pkg> add Conda first).

Since Julia 1.4 didn’t work for me, I installed Julia 1.2. Then ‘add Mini’, ‘registry add GitHub - mimiframework/MimiRegistry: Registry of Mimi models’, Pkg.add(“IJulia”) and ‘add MiniFUND’. Then at the Pkg> 'build(“IJulia”)`, which gives;
Building Conda
Building ZMQ
Building MbedTLS
Bulding IJulia
At the Julia prompt, I typed ‘using IJulia’ and ‘notebook()’ and a Jupyter notebook opens in my browser. However, when I click on a Jupyter .ipynb file, the bookbook says “Connecting to Kernel” then “Connection Failed A connection to the notebook server could not be established. … Check your network connection or notebook server configuration.” How do I do that? What should the notebook server configuration be and how would I change it. I thought this should be part of the installation process.

Was the notebook for an older version of Julia that you deleted? You’ll need to choose the kernel for a version of Julia you’ve installed (and run pkg> build IJulia if it has moved) from the notebook menu.

I didn’t delete my older versions of Julia. I didn’t execute the notebook and thought it would make the appropriate connection. I didn’t know to what program the term “kernel” is referring, Julia, IJulia, or Mimi. Your reply indicates it is a Julia kernel. Julia1.2 is installed at C:\Program Files\Julia\Julia-1.2.0
From the Jupyter default page listing files, I selected New, Julia1.2, and it opened an empty Jupyter page which loaded the kernel fine. The Jupyter page is at C:\Documents\JuliaFUND
I input “using Mimi” , using “JuliaFUND” and ran the notebook. But it gives an error message “ArgumentError: Package Mimi not found in current path:” !! I looked in the Julia-1.2.0 folders and in C:\Users\Ken\AppData but couldn’t find Mimi there.
I don’t know where the Mimi package was installed as the installation process never tells us. And I don’t know which path the notebook is using as the “current path” to find Mimi. What is the Mimi path? If I knew where Mimi was installed, how do I tell notebook where to find Mimi? Also, what is the path to JuliaFUND? Why isn’t this all automatic with the installation process?

I loaded Mimi from within the Jupyter notebook. That seemed to work. I don’t know why I couldn’t make it work by typing ‘add MimiFUND’ at the Julia pkg> prompt. MimiFUND works as well, but it appears that some of the syntax for commands has changed from the previous julia FUND version. I see now that Mimi is located at C:\Users\Ken.julia\packages\Mimi