I made a package to generate custom registries

I’ve been working on a way to make custom registries from existing branches of METADATA, and got it to generate a (seemingly) valid registry last night. Here it is. It’s basically just a reformatting of the /bin folder of Pkg into a module. It seems to work, but is relatively undocumented. Let me know how it works, PRs greatly appreciated.

I was maintaining a separate branch of METADATA with a few of my private packages before julia 0.7, and wanted a way to make just the packages that weren’t in the public METADATA into a new registry. This is the only way that I’ve tested it, but it accomplishes that much.

2 Likes

Just wondering about the timeline for a more official solution. I’m assuming that the current state of affairs is temporary while tooling catches up to the new releases. However, it’s worth asking:

1. Will there be some official way of accomplishing what this package is attempting to do?
  2. If so, is there an estimate of when that will be available?
  3. Is there any reason to register this package if it’s a stop-gap?
  1. Yes
  2. Order of weeks
  3. Probably not, but people can use it unregistered without problems if they want to.

Thanks!

Hi @kristoffer.carlsson,

I was just wondering if there have been some developments on this. I can’t seem to find anything in the documentation. I’m not sure if I missing it.

I would be grateful for any information you can provide. Thanks, Kristoffer!

-Paul

There is an open PR for this functionality. It seems to be planned for Julia 1.1.

1 Like