How to take the average value for each type in the job title column?

Hi, I have met the problem that for same employment type, there are different salary coressponding to the same job title, but I only need one salary value for one job title, can someone please give me some advices about how to take the average of those same job titles?

thanks in advance!

See:

https://sl-solution.github.io/InMemoryDatasets.jl/stable/man/aggregation/#combine

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the reply! I think I know how to do that step now.
But the problem is, the graph above comes from a large dataset, which I have used filter from Dataframe package (because I didn’t figure out how to use IMD filter to extract all rows have employment type is FT):

and when I was follow the link you gave me, the error was

I have googled it but I didn’t find any solutions, can you help me with that please?

Exactly as the error says: DataFrames and InMemoryDatasets both export a function named groupby, so you have to make clear which one you want by calling either DataFrames.groupby or InMemoryDatasets.

I would advise against using these packages at the same time. DataFrames has been around for a long time and there are a bunch of excellent learning resources, e.g. here for the type of split/apply/combine stuff you’re looking to do:

4 Likes