How to publish a pdf with Weave

Hi all,

I am trying to generate a pdf document from my jmd file as follows:

weave("myTest.jmd"; doctype = "md2pdf")

However, for some reason it exits with an error (whereas a html can be generated without any issues).
In the Weave docs it says: Producing PDF output requires that you have XeLaTex installed and in your path.
Could someone please explain, what the line above means ? Do I have to install a package XeLaTex ? (which btw does not exist)

Thank you

XeLaTeX is one particular flavour of the well known typesetting system TeX: TeX - Wikipedia

Could someone please explain, what the line above means ? Do I have to install a package XeLaTex ? (which btw does not exist)

What the line wants to tell you is that you should install the XeLaTeX program in your operating system and not inside Julia. The phrase ... and in your path. means that the installation shall be such that you can call XeLaTeX from the command line.

Ahhh, ok. Thank you so much for the explanation. Will try to do that. Is it worth mentioning that I am in the VScode environment ? So would it help to install any (Tex)-extension in VScode ? Anyway, will also try on my own.
Happy new year and thanks again…

I don’t use VSCode myself.
My guess would be that you need to install it independently, but maybe an extensions works too.

Happy new year to you too :sparkler: