Error in markdown with Weave.jl

Hi all,

I just learnt that julia has markdown enabled by Weave.jl. I wanted to give it a try but I am having trouble creating a pdf document. Unfortunately, unlike Rmarkdown, there does not seem to be many resources available. Here is the file named doc.Jmd.

--
title: An Intro to Expectations via DiffEqUncertainty.jl 
author: Adam Gerlach
---

Why are you not working!

Then I run

weave('doc.jmd";doctype="md2pdf")

I get the following output with an error at the end.

This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-0.999993 (TeX Live 2021/W32TeX) (preloaded format=xelatex)
 \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./doc.tex
LaTeX2e <2021-11-15>
L3 programming layer <2021-11-12> (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2021/10/04 v1.4n Standard LaTeX document class
(c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size12.clo)) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/geometry/geometry.sty (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/keyval.sty) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/generic/iftex/ifvtex.sty (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/generic/iftex/iftex.sty))) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/lm/lmodern.sty) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/amssymb.sty (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/amsfonts.sty)) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsmath.sty
For additional information on amsmath, use the `?' option.
(c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amstext.sty (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsgen.sty)) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsbsy.sty) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsmath/amsopn.sty)) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/bm.sty) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphicx.sty (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/trig.sty) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics-cfg/graphics.cfg) (c:/Users/orsdemir/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics-def/xetex.def)))

! LaTeX Error: File `microtype.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I checked MiKTeX console to install microtype.sty but it seems to have already been installed…

Never mind. I figured out the problem. Weave was using a different LaTeX distribution installed on my PC. I installed the missing packages and it is working. I am wondering, though, if there is way to instruct weave to use a specific LaTeX distribution installed on a PC.

1 Like