How to create agents with rigid shape

Hello, recently I try to simulate the random walk movement of human cells.
I need to make agents(cells) with certain radius and they have to move randomly.
I want the cells to not overlap in their respective radii as they move.
Is there related native function in Agents.jl?

Hello,

nope, at the moment agents with rigid size and shape are not supported. Would be very nice to have to so if you end implementing something like this please do consider a contribution!

1 Like

You could try Molly.jl with a soft sphere potential.

2 Likes

Good idea! One more ecosystem integration example would be amazing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Note that the integration example with CellListMap.jl is essentially that, just that each particle has a different radius, and the spheres are very soft (by increasing the k constants one can avoid overlapping of the circles).

https://juliadynamics.github.io/Agents.jl/dev/examples/celllistmap/

2 Likes

Yes, but I think the user also wants to ensure that during initialization of the model there is no agent overlap, which I think the Cell List Map integration does not do, right?

CU!

George (he/him)

1 Like

Oh, no, there the initial positions of the agents are random. To avoid overlap at the initial point one can minimize the energy of the system, as defined there. In fact, that is exactly how Packmol works, and it can be useful to build initial positions for random particles, without overlaps.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your replies!! I’ll take a look at the various methods you guys given me.