How to configure IP address in Franklin.jl

First of all, thanks to creators of Franklin.jl (https://franklinjl.org/) for the wonderful package.

I would like to know how to configure server IP address. The method serve() takes port number but I can’t find in the document how to specify IP address. Or no other way but to run Franklin behind reverse proxy?

2 Likes

@tlienart

1 Like

Hello! I’m not sure I understand what you want to do? serve is to serve the site locally while you’re doing edits to it, you want to do that on an IP address different than localhost?

Provided that’s indeed what you want to do for some reason, you would have to look into LiveServer.jl on which franklin relies to serve stuff, LiveServer itself calls HTTP functionalities which can listen to arbitrary IP addresses. So if you open a PR with the possibility to add an IP to the serve of LiveServer I’m happy to review it and integrate it and add the necessary changes to Franklin.

But I must admit I wonder whether that’s really what you want to do :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

@tlienart, Thanks for your kind reply. Yes that’s what I wanted to do. Now I got it. Franklin is a static site generator rather than a web server. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Great, yes that’s correct; & I think for web server you will want to consider things like Mux.jl

1 Like