How to choose a plotting package?

I was also a little confused about plots… [I know of, but wasn’t using Plots]; Should you then, for sure do (not using PlotsJS? neither worked… with the rest)?:

julia> using Plotly
[..]
INFO: Precompiling module PlotlyJS.
WARNING: using Lazy.remove in module AtomShell conflicts with an existing identifier.

None of the examples I tried there work e.g.:

Histograms in Julia [I just needed a quick histogram, not even a plot, Google: “Julia histogram” finds this…]

[..]
julia> response = Plotly.plot(data, ["filename" => "basic-histogram", "fileopt" => "overwrite"])
ERROR: MethodError: no method matching PlotlyJS.Plot{TT<:PlotlyJS.AbstractTrace}(::Array{Array{Pair{String,B},1},1}, ::Array{Pair{String,String},1})
Closest candidates are:
  PlotlyJS.Plot{TT<:PlotlyJS.AbstractTrace}{T<:PlotlyJS.AbstractTrace}(::Array{T<:PlotlyJS.AbstractTrace,1}, ::Any; style) at /home/qwerty/.julia/v0.5/PlotlyJS/src/PlotlyJS.jl:64
  PlotlyJS.Plot{TT<:PlotlyJS.AbstractTrace}(::PlotlyJS.AbstractTrace, ::Any; style) at /home/qwerty/.julia/v0.5/PlotlyJS/src/PlotlyJS.jl:69
  PlotlyJS.Plot{TT<:PlotlyJS.AbstractTrace}{T}(::Any) at sysimg.jl:53
 in #plot#36(::Array{Any,1}, ::Function, ::Array{Array{Pair{String,B},1},1}, ::Vararg{Any,N}) at /home/qwerty/.julia/v0.5/PlotlyJS/src/display.jl:75
 in plot(::Array{Array{Pair{String,B},1},1}, ::Array{Pair{String,String},1}) at /home/qwerty/.julia/v0.5/PlotlyJS/src/display.jl:75

EDIT: I overlooked Getting started with plotly in Julia

I followed the instructions to the letter,* just to make sure (up to then skipped to actual plotting; guess this shouldn’t matter, but indication instructions aer for 0.4?):

julia> Plotly.set_credentials_file({“username”=>“DemoAccount”,“api_key”=>“lr1c37zw81”})
ERROR: syntax: { } vector syntax is discontinued

• I renamed .julia for now, to get around this: I guess this wouldn’t have worked (and is outdated, conflicts with github Pkg.add recommendation) either (I’ll find correct Pkg.remove…):
julia> Pkg.clone("https://github.com/plotly/Plotly.jl")
INFO: Cloning Plotly from https://github.com/plotly/Plotly.jl
ERROR: Plotly already exists

I want to be sure I’m following (correct?) instructions, before I point out errors ot the people at plot.ly. [Not sure how, can anyone confirm info doesn’t work, and maybe has priviledges to correct?]