How newcomers interested in Machine Learning should start with Julia?

I’m not interested Machine Learning as such, just not my kind of thing. At the same time interest around me in ML is enormous (no surprise here) and one of the most often questions that newcomers to Julia or just people interested of programming are asking is “Is Julia good for ML?” and “Where I should started with ML in Julia?”.

What I can answer such persons or even better, to whom I should directed them, to help them with this topic? I will be very grateful for some suggestions in that matter.

3 Likes

There is one Machine Learning and one Deep Learning course.

1 Like

You may be interested in looking at Statistics with Julia and the source code.

Also, I co-ran a Deep Learning course a few months back and we used Julia, R, and Python. The course website has resources for all three languages including videos.

5 Likes

Thank you. I did or tried many of JuliaAcademy materials, where there was just videos on Julia YouTube channel, so I once go to the page check one course and think “Oh, I already did/tried that, so I can go on.”. As result, JuliaAcademy rearely come to my mind. :sweat_smile:

Once some of the more introductory material is finished, the Flux model zoo has many good basic models to test out.

1 Like

Also, do you know some groups in ML part of Julia community that will welcome some newcomers on board in the role of apprentices and coworkers? This can be quite useful information when talking to new persons here.

There is a lots of projects on Julia GSoC page, but as person ignorant in this field I can’t judge what is for the Julia beginners, what for peoples with skills and experience.

Guys your missing the best one:
MLJs Data Science tutorial in Julia.
@tlienart & @ablaom etal did great work here!

4 Likes

Also see my Machine Learning in Julia 2020 workshop materials, and the 3+ hr video

3 Likes