How do I share a script with multiple local dependencies?

I’m currently developing a script with a lot of dependencies that are locally edited, some in .julia/dev, some in the working directory of the script.

The problem is that if I just give my working directory with Manifest.toml and Project.toml to my colleague and ask him to activate the environment, it will most likely break because Manifest.toml have absolute paths to my modified dependencies instead of relative path.

What is the best way for me to share my script with all of the locally modified dependencies?

2 Likes

I’m a little confused what you’re asking for. You want to be able to share all of the locally edited dependencies wrapped up with the script so that it is portable anywhere? I think what you’re going to need is to build a sysimage.

Or if you asking for a way to share all of the edited code as raw source code and keep all the dependency relationships intact, I’m not sure there is a solution to that. Probably better to track everything you are deving in Git(hub/lab) repo that everyone can access and then point your manifest at the repo, not your local folder.

1 Like

Manifest.toml can contain relative paths. See

Though this may not solve your problem if some of your packages live in .julia/dev.